Blues shock as Costa named in squad

Rosalie Stanley
September 3, 2017

Diego Costa has been advised by Atletico Madrid to end his Chelsea exile in Brazil and return to London.

The 25-year-old defender completed a move to Chelsea from Italian club Torino on transfer deadline day to help bolster Antonio Conte's defence.

As such, Atletico do not see a rush to cut a deal but talks continue over a £45million transfer.

Costa remains unhappy with a text message sent to him by the Italian while he was on worldwide duty in May, stating that he is no longer welcome at the club, although Goal understands that the 28-year-old was previously told that he was considered surplus to requirements.

While Chelsea insist that he remains their contractual obligations, Costa said that it was all over when Antonio Conte had told him over a text that he was not in his plans for the coming season. And as far as the Premier League's concerned, he's officially part of Chelsea's squad until January.

Costa is now believed to be consulting with his lawyers, while Chelsea claim that he must return to fulfil his contractual obligations.

Trump's unsent letter to Comey is now in Mueller's hands
But it was met with opposition from White House counsel Don McGahn, who saw its contents as "problematic", the Times reported . That investigation, which had been overseen by Comey, is also looking into the financial dealings of several Trump associates.

Pipeline Shutdown To Impact NC Gas Prices
Power outages during Hurricanes Katrina and Rita in 2005 forced the shutdown of parts of the Colonial Pipeline for several days. The disruption of almost a quarter of the nation's refining capacity has already led to a spike in gasoline prices.

Kyrie Irving says trade request was about his potential, not LeBron James
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving pens a fond farewell to the team as he leaves to play for the Boston Celtics . While Irving and James had their differences, the two seemingly managed to work through them.

Meanwhile, Costa has been encouraged to return to fitness by Spain team-mate Sergio Ramos.

The Daily Express claims that Chelsea are weighing up the possibility of suing the Spain global for up to £50million if he continues to refuse to come back to the club.

"I find a team that has made a huge financial commitment for a Real Madrid substitute". "Why won't they let me go if they don't want me?"

'You have to battle with the centre backs and physically they are a lot stronger than in any other league.

"It's true that they're sloppy tactically and they give you chances because they slip up, but it's a different kind of football. Here if you hold the ball you'll already have been given two kicks".

Other reports by Guamnewswatch

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER