Police Officer Survives After Being Shot Multiple Times At Point-Blank Range

Jerome Frank
August 12, 2017

Estill officer Quincy Smith - who purchased the camera glasses himself - was responding to a call on New Year's Day 2016 about someone trying to snatch groceries from customers.

Orr, 29, has been jailed for 35 years after being found guilty of attempted murder and possessing a weapon in a violent crime.

A violent attack on a SC police officer a year ago was caught on a small camera attached to the officer's glasses, and that footage helped put away a suspect in an attempted murder case.

According to authorities, Smith spotted a man matching that description walking away from the store along Railroad Avenue. The officer was wearing glasses with an attached camera and recorded the event on video. He would later call it the best 30 bucks he ever spent.

After several minutes of pursuing Orr with no response or compliance, Smith takes out his stun gun.

In the video, Smith could be heard telling emergency responders, "Tell my family that I love them".

The Fourteenth Circuit Solicitor's Office shared the entire video taken on Officer Smith's glasses. With one hand holding a cell phone to his ear, Orr pulls a pistol out of his pocket with his other hand and fires off eight shots at Smith.

AIADMK merger soon? Palaniswami attacks Dinakaran, goes soft on Sasi
In the Dinakaran camp, the suspicion now is that the BJP has increased pressure on the two factions to merge quickly. However, the response to Thursday's statement from the chief minister has been lukewarm in the Panneerselvam camp.

Assange wants fired Google employee to work for him
Over the last weekend, Motherboard reported the story which was followed by Gizmodo , who published the entire 10-page document . The post discussing topics involving gender and diversity went viral within the organisation for its controversial content.

Israeli Pilot Killed After Helicopter Crash
The entire fleet of Apache helicopters has been grounded until the investigation is completed. As the AH-64A "Peten" approached Ramon air base, its pilot reported a technical problem.

"Shots fired", screamed Smith into his radio as he headed for his patrol vehicle and the sound of additional gunfire is heard.

He approaches a man dressed head to toe in army fatigues and demands that he stop and take his hands out of his pocket.

"Dispatch, I'm hit! Dispatch, Echo 7, I'm hit!" "I've been shot in the neck", he says.

"I had nightmares sometimes, stuff like that, about the incident", Smith said.

But Smith said he forgives Orr - and even prays for him and his family.

Dr. James Dunne, an emergency room physician, testified that a bullet completely severed a vein in Smith's neck. Paramedics arrived on scene shortly afterwards and were able to save the officer's life despite the serious nature of his wounds.

According to WJCL, Smith is still on medical leave, but he hopes to return to active duty with the Estill Police Department in 2018.

Other reports by Guamnewswatch

Discuss This Article