21st Century Fox investigating O'Reilly harassment claims

Kelly Massey
April 18, 2017

Attorney Lisa Bloom says that attorneys for Fox News promised they will investigate host Bill O'Reilly for alleged sexual harassment.

The company released a statement announcing its decision: "21st Century Fox investigates all complaints and we have asked the law firm Paul Weiss to continue assisting the company in these serious matters".

"I told them we really appreciate that and let's get going as soon as possible. You know, I'm automatically attracted to beautiful - I just start kissing them".

"Thanks for coming to my defense last week even though no one asked you to", O'Reilly says.

Bloom's announcement comes days after she and the accuser, Wendy Walsh, recorded themselves reporting O'Reilly to Fox News' corporate complaint hotline.

Ms. Walsh told AP that she came forward after learning from a Times reported that numerous women who filed sexual harassment cases against Mr. O'Reilly were restricted by gag orders.

Donald Trump wades into Georgia special election
Be proactive - Use the "Flag as Inappropriate" link at the upper right corner of each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Trump did not specify which outlets are "fake" and which he considers "real". "Pretty much everything he's done worries me".

UNC's campus celebration after the national title results in 7 injuries
Gonzaga is in stronger shape for next season, but its future is also in doubt until we find out who is declaring for the draft. That is up 30% compared to previous year Villanova-North Carolina title game, which was on TBS for the first time.

Mark Hamill says Carrie Fisher Star Wars tribute is 'therapy'
In the meantime, Johnson teased that the movie goers will probably meet the Force-sensitive scavenger's parents in his new movie. As for the Expanded Universe, book "Legend" Grand Admiral Thrawn will return again after re-entering the canon past year .

Bloom said she is also working on a formal request to the New York State Division of Human Rights to initiate its own independent investigation of Walsh's claim, but reiterated that her client is not looking to sue O'Reilly. O'Reilly seemed to be protected by the network, but that was when they were able to keep the allegations against him private. Over a course of ten years, Fox News and O'Reilly had paid a total of $13 million to 5 women, including Walsh. More than 70 advertisers have also pulled their commercials from The O'Reilly Factor, citing concerns over the "disturbing allegations".

Later, Baldwin spoofed O'Reilly's Fox show, declaring he'd address "the scandal everyone's been talking about all week, a scandal no one thought I'd have the guts to address head-on, about the shocking allegations of abuse of power - that have been leveled against the Obama administration".

O'Reilly has denied improper conduct and said his fame made him a target for lawsuits. More than two dozen women, including former Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly, recounted specific claims of sexual harassment to investigators, which ultimately helped cement Fox's decision to dismiss Ailes last July.

While corporations have made a stand against the Fox News' host, it is unclear if O'Reilly will face the same repercussions as Ailes.

In the first quarter of 2017, "The O'Reilly Factor" logged the highest-rated quarter for any program in cable news history, with about 4 million nightly viewers, according to Forbes.

She said she had been hearing from even more women about O'Reilly in the past, and there might be more claims to come.

Other reports by Guamnewswatch

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER